Sample Map data from Mapstor: Russian 1:500k maps of Mongolia
Brief instructions for converting the topographic Maps to Triton format using Global Mapper.
- Download map .gif and .map files
- Load .map file into Global Mapper
- Change projection to geographic lat/long, WGS 84 datum
- Export as Geotiff
- Run through Triton RMPHelper with the coordinates from the .map file (I also used a rescale factor of 4)
- Run through Triton RMP Maker
- Copy *.RMP file to the MAP_DATA directory on the SD card for the Magellan Triton and insert it into the GPS
I loaded all of the 1:1M maps into a single file.
Note that this is not compatible with the eXplorist X10's. Use RMPCreator at step 5 and 6 which works for both Triton and eXplorist series GPS units.
Software is on the following sites: